Confirmed Speaker List: please click on an individual’s name to see their full scientific biography.
Louis Casteilla, Ph.D.
- University professor in animal physiology at the University Paul Sabatier (Toulouse III) since 1992
- Leader of STROMALab unit, France, specializing in tissue regeneration
Diego Correa, M.D., M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Researcher at the Biomedical Engineering Group and Human Genetics Laboratory, Universidad de Los Andes
- 2011 Winner, Young Investigator Award, OARSI (Osteoarthritis Research Society International)
Massimo Dominici, M.D.
- Head Laboratory of Cell Biology and Advanced Cancer Therapies at University of Modena and Reggio Emilia
- About 80 peer-revised manuscripts published, 2 edited books, 4 book chapters and 6 patents
J. William Futrell, M.D.
- Former Professor and Chief of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Pittsburgh (21 years)
- Co-Founder, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics and Science (IFATS)
- Past President, American Association of Plastic Surgeons
Javier García-Sancho, M,D., Ph.D.
- Professor or Physiology, University of Valladolid, Spain
- President of the Spanish Society for Gene and Cell Therapy
- Member of the Academia Europaea
Xavier Gassó, M.D.
- Medical Director at Egarsat since 1999, Barcelona Area, Spain
Robert J. Harman, D.V.M., M.P.V.M.
- Founder and CEO of Vet-Stem, the first US-based commercial veterinary stem cell company
- Former CEO of HTI-Bio-Services, a preclinical research company for veterinary and human pharmaceutical development
Marco N. Helder, Ph.D.
- Assistant professor at VU University Medical Center, Department of Orthopedics, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- IFATS President 2013-2014
Peter C. Johnson, M.D.
- President and CEO, Scintellix, LLC
- Chief Medical Advisor, Vancive Medical Technologies
- Co-Editor in Chief, “Tissue Engineering” 3 Part Journal
Christian Jorgensen, M.D., Ph.D.
- Head of clinical unit, “Immuno-Therapy Rheumatology”, University Hospital “Lapeyronie”(Montpelier).
- 170 publications in the fields of Immunology and stem cell therapy applied for rheumatic diseases.
Jean-Jacques Lataillade, M.D., Ph.D.
- Professor in Cell Therapy and Stem Biology and Transfusion, Ecole du Val de Grace
- President of the French Society of Cell and Tissue Bio-engineering (SFBCT)
Olivier Lepage, D.M.V., M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Professor in equine surgery (Equine Department, Veterinary Campus of Lyon, VetAgro Sup , University of Lyon, France)
- Past-President of the European Society of Veterinary Orthopaedics and Traumatology (ESVOT)
- Over 100 international publications
Ivan Martin, Ph.D.
- Professor for Tissue Engineering School of Medicine , University of Basel, Switzerland
- European Chair of the Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society
Hans J. Meisel, M.D., Ph.D.
- Director of Neurosurgery, Bermannstrost Clinic
- Founding Member, AOSpine Europe
Giovanni Migliaccio, Ph.D.
- Scientific Director of EATRIS (European Infrastructure for Translational Medicine)
- Over 150 scientific publications
Claude T. Moorman, M.D.
- Vice Chair & Professor, Orthopedic Surgery, Duke University
- Director, Duke Sports Medicine Center
- Previous Head Team Physician, Baltimore Ravens football team
Nuno M. Neves, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor at the Department of Polymer Engineering and Vice-Director of the 3B´s Research Group, University of Minho, Braga/Guimarães, Portugal
Lluís Orozco, M.D., Ph.D.
- Co-Founder/Co-Director, Institut de Terápia Regenerative Tissular (ITRT)
- Member of research team at Institute for Molecular Biology, University of Valladolid
Mark Pittenger, Ph.D.
- CEO, Pearl Lifescience Partners
- Former VP of Research, Osiris Therapeutics
- 5 issued US Patents
Ana Sánchez García, M.D., Ph.D.
- Director of Cell Production Unit at the Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, IBGM, University of Valladolid
Luc Sensebé, M.D., Ph.D.
- Medical and Scientific Director in charge of adult stem cell at the EFS in Toulouse
- Leader of the MSC committee of International Society for Cellular Therapy (ISCT)
- 128 publications in the fields of mesenchymal stem/stromal cells for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and regenerative medicine
Bernard Siegel, B.A., J.D.
- Founder and Executive Director of Genetics Policy Institute (GPI); Founder and Chair of World Stem Center Summit and RegMed Capital Conference (RMCC); Founder and Spokesman of Stem Cell Action Coalition and Founder of Stem Cell Action Awards
- Founder and Editor-in-Chief, World Stem Cell Report and Publisher and Editor, 360 Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine Newsletter
- Ranked number 22 in the 2013 ranking of the “Top 50 Global Stem Cell Influencers”
Robert Soler Rich, M.D.
- Founding Co-Director of Regenerative Therapy Institute Tissular (ITRT) Teknon Medical Center
- Faculty member of Teknon Medical Center
Panayotis N. Soucacos, MD, FACS
- Past Chairman and professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Ioannina School of Medicine as first established in 1980
- Executive Council of the International Microsurgical Society for the past 10 years
- President of the World Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Winner, Award for Academic Excellence by the President of the Greek Democracy, 1996.
Dietrich Stephan, Ph.D.
- Chairman, Department of Human Genomics, University of Pittsburgh
- Winner, Bio-IT World Grand Prize, 2005
- “Most Influential in Bringing Genomics to the Clinic” award, 2010
Carlo Tremolada, M.D.
- President, Lipogems International SRL
- Owner and Scientific Director, Instituto Image
Tom Turmezei, B.M.B.Ch., M.A., M.Phil., F.R.C.R.
- Ph.D. researcher at University of Cambridge, UK with an interest in hip osteoarthritis using statistical parametric mapping.
James R. Urbaniak, M.D.
- Past President, American Orthopaedic Association
- Past President, Eastern Orthopaedic Association
- Past President, International Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand
We encourage you to check this page regularly as we add additional international thought leaders in cell therapy.